I made this voodoo doll, which looks like the more perfect ones created by Cute Designs on Etsy, for a gift.
I used this free pattern here: http://www.wonderstrange.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Voodoo-Doll-An-Easy-Amigurumi-Pattern-by-AnnDAngelo.pdf
Arms: Chain 2, SC 6 in second Ch from hook. 6 SC around until arms are the desired length.
Legs: The greatest width I used was 15 SC around rather than 20. I also added 4 additional rounds to lengthen the legs.
Current fixation: Marlon Brando. Need I say more?
Current fixation: the essential features of my dream home. The fixation is current, but the features have been steady for as long as I’ve had preferences regarding my home.
1. A huge, beautiful porch. Porches have to be one of life’s greatest pleasures. At the moment, and for as far back as I can remember, I can not think of a place that I am more content than on a porch on a rainy day.
2. Interior, exposed brick. I don’t really have an explanation for this, just that I’ve always found it beautiful. Natural wood and stone fall into the same category, and I suspect that my preference for a home to be comfortable and unpolished is the root of this attraction. I feel really good if someone can come into my house and put their feet up and just feel at home.
3. A garden and a koi pond. This is probably the only new-ish feature in my personal history of desirable traits for my dream house. Having a garden pond has made me want to not live without one.
4. A bathroom with a pretty floor and a huge bathtub. First of all, my desire for a nice bathroom floor stems from currently having a hideous bathroom floor that I loathe. To me, a beautiful bathroom is an important feature in any home. I grew up with a 6’ clawfoot bathtub, and I think a little part of me misses taking a bath and having to hold on so that I don’t float around in the tub.
5. A kitchen that I never want to leave. The kitchen is the most important part of the house, for me. In fact, I could probably write an entire post about the perfect kitchen, if I didn’t think it would be terribly boring. I am passionate about my dream of the perfect kitchen: distressed white, with touches of cobalt blue, whimsical curtains, utensils on display, linen dish towels, a little bit of greenery. An antique stove and a big farmhouse sink would be on the list…. and a dishwasher. ;)
In keeping with the current theme of creepy and cute, this beautiful gift from my friend jennygurumi :)
Current fixation: Things that are both creepy and cute. This little dolly was inspired by my sister. Suiting, since she is kind of creepy and cute. <3
Current and recurring fixation: things that are both creepy and cute. Noticed today that bevel gears look like candy/cupcake papers, and had to draw a mechanical cupcake. Grunge textures from Lost & Taken.